A few notes on vampires

I hope you have enjoyed reading the previous story. This was my first attempt at Castlevania fiction, but not at fanfiction in general. This story has taken me a long time to write, not because it was particularly long, but because life was in the way! So if some of you were wondering why the hell it took so long between chapters, that’d be why.

I’ve received lots of e-mail about my story and I’m pleased that some of you think I’m that talented. It made me very eager to finish the story. The only thing I regret is that I can’t draw. Having tiny pictures at the beginning of each chapter would have been nice, but I digress. Please don’t ask if I’m going to do another CV related fanfic. My imagination has been tapped out for this one as it is. If they ever make another CV game for Playstation, maybe then I’ll consider another story. Until then, I’m going to concentrate my efforts in other writing fields.

Maybe some of you are wondering why the hell Alucard spazzed in Chapter 8 after getting bitten by his father. Well, I think readers of gothic sorts of fiction have been heavily influenced by Ann Rice and her vampires. Her vampires indiscriminately make more vampires through shared blood. I’ve even seen somewhere that Alucard cannot be a half-breed because you either are a vampire or your not. That’s because popular fiction is far away from traditional vampire stories. Vampire lore states that if a vampire isn’t killed within seven years of showing up, it can have children the more traditional way. Seeing that most vampires in movies and stories are offed long before this period, it’s probably why there aren’t too many vampire half-breeds. So Alucard is unique. Why did his father’s power hurt him then? Well, the bite pumped in dark power. It essentially tried to kill his human half. Figuring out what exactly is Alucard’s human half was probably not something big to the power, so it decided to rearrange Alucard’s whole being. That’s my theory. It also made a nifty plot device. =)

Thanks to those of you who sent in what they knew of vampire lore. I should probably read some more on the subject. If anyone knows where I can find such information, let me know.

The risk is all and the fantasy is never final.
Setzer