CASTLEVANIA LEGACY - PROLOGUE My long journey is finally over. . . As I stand on this lonely cliff, watching the castle of Count Dracula crumble into dust, my mind flashes back to that final battle. He fought well, he did, but now Count Dracula is no more. Just as his castle, Castlevania, is crumbling to nothing, so have his dreams of ruling the world. “Darkness will never die out as long as there is light in the world!” he had said to me with his last breath. “I am the ruler of that darkness and I will rise again and again as long as people like you are alive. . .” A chill runs through my body as I remember his evil laughter. The last echoes of Castlevania’s collapse rumble through the air, then all is silent. It is over. The sun is beginning to creep up over the mountains. I coil up my whip and start my long journey home. As I leave the cliff, my mind flashes back to my beloved, Alucard. He was the forgotten son of Dracula and a human woman – Lisa, I believe her name was. He wants so much for his father’s evil to be brought to an end. My beloved. . . “We all decide our own fate. . .” Alucard taught me that. And it now appears that his fate and mine are not to be the same. His last words to me come back in a rush. . . “Now I must sleep. I fear we shall not meet again. Farewell, my beloved, my beautiful vampire hunter. . . “ A tear rolls down my face as I remember him. If we are truly not to meet again, I hope that he will find peace. Perhaps someday his tortured soul can be at rest. I will miss him. As the sun slowly continues to rise, I stop by a stream, lost in thought. There will come a time when the powers of evil attempt to control the world again, of this I am certain. I will be ready. My children will be ready. As long as the name Belmont exists, there will be someone to vanquish evil. No matter how long it takes, the Belmont family will not rest until evil has been destroyed forever. I, Sonia Belmont, swear it.